If you want to make guests feel truly at home, start with the bathroom. The bathroom is an intimate space where just the right welcoming touches can make a huge difference in their stay. This counts for the guest bath in your home, as well as guest bathrooms in luxury bed and breakfasts and Airbnb vacation rentals.
Start with the must-have basics that no bathroom can do without.
- Extra toilet paper, which you can consider storing in a decorative holder.
- Clean, empty garbage can, as nothing is worse for a guest than having to tromp around looking for a trash can.
- Bath towels, hand towels, with enough to take them through their stay.
- Bath mat
- Blow dryer, which can be tucked away but available to them if they want it.
- Toothpaste, toothbrush. Purchasing a new toothbrush for your guest is a sweet gesture, even if they end up bringing their own.
Trade the generic travel-sized toiletries in favor of sumptuous, travel-sized toiletries. Not only does this give your guest a pampering experience while they're visiting, but it gives something to take with them when they leave.
- Body wash, scrub and/or luxury soap for their hands and the shower
- Body lotion, with delicious options that include Patchouli Lavender Vanilla
- Hand cream and/or foot cream, to keep their hands and feet sweet
- Shampoo and conditioner
Homey, Welcoming Touches
- A welcome sign with your guest's name on it. Hand-paint a sign or use a small, decorative chalkboard to display a happy message and their name.
- A small vase or pot bursting with fresh-cut flowers, which you can place on the windowsill or bathroom counter.
- Relaxing aroma, with a scented candle, reed diffusers or wax warmer that provides a soothing scent the moment they walk in.
With these luxury products and extra-special touches, your guests are sure to feel welcome and even adored throughout their entire stay. Browse more guest bath ideas at Sabon NYC now.